Monday, 24 August 2009

The summer holiday 2009

The date I landed in Malaysia was 23rd of June 2009. My journey of summer holiday started there. It was around 10pm at night. Babah and Mama were waiting for me at the arrival gate. Welcome to Kuala Lumpur Shahril Fauzi! It was one of the exciting moment whenever you are far away from your home country for a long period of time. Every once in a while I will be back to my lovely country for 3 months of holiday. Well actually I did go back to Subang Jaya every summer since I was in Year 1 in Sheffield University. I decide to go back every year as I cant stand to live in Sheffield with no one around and nothing to do for that period of time. Living alone is the last thing I would do in my life. Why you would waste the opportunity to enjoy the extravagant life in our home country which offers you variety of foods and meet your close relatives? Hence, I grab that chance every year. Hehe. (Although the flight ticket is expensive, it is worth every penny!)

Having completed my Year 3 studies has given me a wider view of becoming a real engineer. It has taught me very well in terms of completing your project and also time management. Third year was one of the toughest year in my university spell. Not to mention about the level of the difficulties of the modules of my course, but there were so many things that I encountered during that year that made my life difficult sometimes. It's life, I mean it is a normal life to experience that way. After all, I managed to survive all that with a smile on my face.

Decided to not to waste any time of the long period of holiday, I managed to apply an Internship Training Programme with MALAKOFF Corporation Berhad in Plaza Sentral nearby KL Sentral. I bet many of you have not heard about this company. Well basically it is one of IPP companies in Malaysia and apparently,it is the biggest among other IPP companies. IPP is stand for Independent Power Producer. The company provides electricity power to most of the power plant generation in peninsular Malaysia, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Kuwait and Algeria. I would say it is a big corporation organisation enlisted in Bursa Saham Malaysia. My position in the company is only an intern, well to be exact: a power plant intern engineer. I really enjoyed working there. The only task that I did during the 2 months programme was to help my supervisor with a transformer project. My supervisor was a very motivated person and he has 6 years of experience working at the company. I did manage to pay a visit to one of the power plant site in Lumut,Perak. It was a memorable experience as I went there exactly on my 23rd birthday.Poor poor me haha. Below are the pictures of my site-visit. That guy on right above is my supervisor.



Nevertheless, it was a superb experience to see a real 2-storey house size of transformer in front of my eyes. Today is my final week of my Internship Programme at MALAKOFF. Since my supervisor was relocated to the project site a week ago, I have basically nothing to do in the office except surfing the Internet and have a chitchat with office mates. Sometimes I will wander around with colleagues to KLCC and Midvalley as I've nothing to do in my cubicle office space. Sometimes we also ponteng2 too hehe. After all, I cherish all the experience I've got here and will definitely consider the company for my 1st workplace right after I graduate in a year time. Thank you MALAKOFF.

Other than working as an intern, I enjoyed my free time meeting up with old friends. I would say this summer holiday is the best holiday so far. And the reason is? Haha, biarlah ia tersimpan sendiri di lubuk hatiku sahaja. Futsal session and lepaking at mamak stall are normal routine for a bujang like me. Have a thought to have an outdoor photography session with my slr, but failed to do it so far. Sometimes I would prefer to spend my weekends just to stay at home relaxing. Having to wake up early in the morning on weekdays make you appreciate of to wake up late during the weekends. I guess to live as a student is more enjoy as you dont have the urgency to wake up very early in the morning and rush to the office before the road is congested with traffic jams. In Kuala Lumpur, traffic jams are normal and it is abnormal if they roads are clear during rush hour.

A month time from today, I would have already flew back to Manchester. Yup, I only have exactly a month of remaining holiday for me to enjoy here. Its hard for me to keep thinking about this but whether you like it or you don't, you'll be back in the land of denial shahril! The most important thing for me to do from now is to enjoy every second breathing in my beloved country.The remaining 1 year in the United Kingdom will be the memorable ones. Of course I would miss to live in Sheffield, but for me, my life is here. I have everything in here. Family, friends and everything. I guess I am a truly Malaysian.




No comments:

Post a Comment